One Hundredth Blog Post



This is actually my 100th blog post. After a lot of thought with regards to the topic that I want to post, I settled on something that’s not mine but from someone I admire much.

In case you’re wondering about who this person is…..it’s Winnie the Pooh Bear. And no, Pooh is actually one of the best ever characters ever made… and he is not just for children but for everyone whoever looked at life and loved it.

"Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered. 
"Yes, Piglet?" 
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you." 

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you."

"We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?' asked Piglet. 
Even longer,' Pooh answered." 

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." 

"Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." 

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes." 

"Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would, I'd never leave." 

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. 
--Christopher Robin to Pooh" 

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." 

"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries." 

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?" 
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?" 
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet. 
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said." 

"Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?" 

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."

"I used to believe in forever, but forever's too good to be true" 

"I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost."

"The things that make me different are the things that make me." 

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily. 
"So it is." 
"And freezing." 
"Is it?" 
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately." 
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day." 

"What day is it?" 
It's today," squeaked Piglet. 
My favorite day," said Pooh." 

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called." 

"Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo." 

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day." 

"To the uneducated an A is just three sticks." 

"Friendship," said Christopher Robin, "is a very comforting thing to have."

"When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it." 

"Hallo, Rabbit,” he said, “is that you?” 
"Let’s pretend it isn’t,” said Rabbit, “and see what happens." 

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. 
"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way." 

"You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count." 

"Pooh," said Rabbit kindly, "you haven't any brain." 
"I know," said Pooh humbly." 
"For I am a bear of very little brain, and long words bother me." 

"It's not much of a tail, but I'm sort of attached to it." 

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully. 
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever." 
"And he has Brain." 
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brain." 
There was a long silence. 
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."

"Good morning, Eeyore," said Pooh. 
"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning, which I doubt," said he. 
"Why, what's the matter?" 
"Nothing, Pooh Bear, nothing. We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is to it." 
"Can't all what?" said Pooh, rubbing his nose. 
"Gaiety. Song-and-dance. Here we go round the mulberry bush." 

"Halfway down the stairs, is a stair, where I sit. There isn't any, other stair, quite like, it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair, where, I always, stop. Halfway up the stairs, isn't up, and isn't down. It isn't in the nursery, it isn't in the town. And all sorts of funny thoughts, run round my head: It isn't really anywhere! It's somewhere else instead!" 

"But it isn't easy,' said Pooh. 'Because Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."

"But Piglet is so small that he slips into a pocket, where it is very comfortable to feel him when you are not quite sure whether twice seven is twelve or twenty-two."

"The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about." 

"One does not argue about The Wind in the Willows. The young man gives it to the girl with whom he is in love, and, if she does not like it, asks her to return his letters. The older man tries it on his nephew, and alters his will accordingly. The book is a test of character. We can't criticize it, because it is criticizing us. But I must give you one word of warning. When you sit down to it, don't be so ridiculous as to suppose that you are sitting in judgment on my taste, or on the art of Kenneth Grahame. You are merely sitting in judgment on yourself. You may be worthy: I don't know, But it is you who are on trial." 

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever." 

"We'll be friends until forever, just you wait and see" 


Comments

Popular Posts