Q-tips and Luggages...




Four large suitcases…

…maybe five counting the smaller ones…

I should be living off a single suitcase or maybe two…

Ideally, I should be living off two mid-size suitcases…

…but there are five large ones…

Maybe I shouldn’t be buying books anymore…

Who am I kidding?

Maybe buy a Kindle instead or another e-reader…

…that way I don’t lug my books everytime I move…

…but I love the feel of paper in my fingers and the weight of a physical book can never be replaced by electronic gadgets…

I should definitely have to throw away some clothes… I never imagined I’ve bought this much again… I’ll never wear all of them anyway…

…but this is a batch T-shirt; this one is a gift from my students; and this one I wore from that time…

Surveying the pile of clothes, I wonder if I can ever choose to discard them.

I have to anyway…

Except for the thick winter jackets, and the numerous sweats that I have to wear like a second skin to survive the cold… and the formal wear, of course…

Seven pairs of shoes… ideally two pairs for each season…

I should ditch some of them…

I can’t… not yet anyway…

And then my gadgets…

Too many wires and accessories…

A heavy tripod…make that two… reflectors… lenses…chargers…

I can’t do without them…

Damn…

Basic gear… a towel, blankets, portable sleeping bags, a pillow… toiletries…

Way too much gear…

Ah….

I stand in the middle of the mess. On one hand, I clutch a clump of documents and in another, I hold a box of Q-tips…

A wave of melancholy sweeps over me and I sit down at the edge of the bed.

(Sigh)



Another crossroad looms ahead in the distance. For reasons that cannot be put into words, I am trembling in a mixture of emotions that fight against each other in my mind….



but this is life… It is beautiful in its chaos, wonderfully amazing in its unpredictability…

…and one can only put one foot after the other… and to keep on walking… and trusting God above to lead one to the end of the road…

…but still, four large suitcases (or five…)… that’s still too much…

….


Comments

Popular Posts