Transition...


My emotions compel me to write. When I’m sad or lonely, I write. Most of my writings probably fall under this type of emotional cloud. After all, most of my life was wrapped in sadness and melancholy. The ache of my heart that knew nothing except solitude and emptiness never really found that silver lining which would have saved me from that despair.

But now, things have changed.

Just when I thought that I would drown forever in self-imposed isolation and sorrow, someone has offered me a way out.

I won’t lie about it. It came unexpectedly…

Curve balls, as I’ve always said. I was chasing a strand of a dream only to have its answer come from another. Fictionalized pieces…suppositions of dreams where fictional characters once inhabited so called lives are slowly giving way to something that is tangible…something that is real…

I once thought that my life is nothing more than an imagined story populated only by characters that my imagination has created from reality. I don’t know the exact point where it has started and as time passed, that line between reality and fiction overlapped each other until I forgot which was which…

What is love?

I asked myself.

I never really knew the answer to this.

Words to define it elude me so.

But I do know this.

I have found someone who has filled up that emptiness inside of me. And there are two people right now that I really want to protect with all of my being.

If that is not love, then I do not know what is…

Yes, in so many ways, and so many levels, I probably loved other people. Some, I even convinced myself to love in whole. But nothing compares to the swelling of my heart that fills me up when I think of the woman who has given me her love.

I may have loved others in the past or fancied others but one by one, they have vanished in her presence. I think  we love other people to know how blessed we are when we finally find the ‘one’.

I love her so much.

I say that with all of my soul and all of my being.

I won’t mince it with flowery words.

I say it as a fact.

November 19, 2011 – that’s the day I knew that my search was finally over. One day from now, I’ll probably write that story but for now, the only thing I can say is that this day will mark the beginning of the rest of my life.  This is the day I commit myself to the woman who I’ll love for forever. This is the day when fiction became fact. This is the day I found the love that banished all others.

There is this movie when this couple goes into an elevator and a dumb couple gets in. The man signs something and the woman jumps up to him and gives him a big hug and a kiss. When they leave, the man asks the girl: ‘ What did he sign?’

His answer is also my answer.

He signed “You complete me…”

Comments

Popular Posts